6 Shot Video Project


The six shot video assignment was a 30 second video that practiced using the axis line and the 6 basic shots of video; including extreme close up, close up,over the shoulder, middle, wide and extreme wide. Throughout the process I learned how how to use a tripod and how to edit videos in Adobe Premiere. I also learned that when recording a video to take as many shots as possible and retake shots if they can be improved on.

Before the video was made my partner and I made two story boards for our videos. We weren't able to bring our ideas together because of a lack of understanding and communication. We spent the first day recording my video recording a few shots more than once because of a new addition to the video. The next day we spent the hour recording my partners video and editing our own videos. Next time a project like this is given I plan to focus on making sure I have the rule of thirds and the axis line in the video. I would also focus on taking more shots so I have more to work with when editing the video. However I would keep the music and the basic story line.

To enhance my next project I would make sure each shot taken follows the axis line rule and the rule of thirds. I would also experiment more with the video. For example taking the same shot from different angels or perspectives for dramatic affect. I would also spend more time editing the video rather than spending time finding public domain music online. Lastly I would communicate with the team I'm working with better. I believe a lack of communication was one of many factors that lead to a video that could have turned out much better than it did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professional Article Review

My Personality Type

ABC Sequence