The Sketchbook

       
This week, in e9 we were assigned our first sketchbook assignment. Using our artistic ability, a sketchbook and a pencil we described what we believed graphic design was. I chose to use a majority of logos and a minority of typography for my assignment. I chose to sketch logos because I’m more familiar with comic books and graphic novels. I also find that writing neatly and legibly is a great struggle for me. I didn’t use any color because I still don’t know how to properly shade, tint or add hue to a drawing yet.



For my first sketchbook assignment I used references to my favorite characters, fictional organizations and companies. My favorite part of the assignment was sitting down for a few minutes and just drawing. I haven't had the time lately to just free draw. Overall the final product wasn't perfect or nearly as great as I had believed it would be, but look forward to improving over the four years I'll be taking this program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professional Article Review

My Personality Type

ABC Sequence